Japan - Sri Lanaka Gas Association
Japan and Sri Lanka are close friends countries that have reached the 68th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations
Speaking of Sri Lanka, there are many people who say,
"You are a country famous for Ceylon tea!"
Sri Lanka means the island of 'Sri', 'Lanka', and has been known since ancient times as a silk road on the sea as Ratnadiva (a pond of gems) and is called the pearl of the Indian Ocean.
About 80% of Hokkaido is not a large island at all, but it has prospered as a "spice port" from around the 16th century, and has prospered as an economic and cultural relay between Asia and Europe, and is still a silk road on the sea ( It plays a valuable role as a trade hub as a one-zone, one-way route, and has been attracting attention from around the world.
The Kingdom of Sinhala was built in 483 BC, and Buddhism came from India in 250 BC. With the arrival of the colonial era, the 16th century Portugal, the early 17th century to the Netherlands, and the last fort of the Kingdom of Sinhala in 1815, Kandy, the ancient capital of Sinhala's culture for over 300 years Was made to fall by. As a result, the whole island passed through the era of British rule, and in 1972 (1972) it became completely independent from the Commonwealth of the Commonwealth, Ceylon, and the country became "Sri Lanka Democratic Socialist Republic".
After that, a 26-year long civil war continued, but it was completely completed in 2009 (Heisei 21), and in addition to the energy of the high-growth countries under developing that are common to emerging countries, the huge peace brought by The breath of revival is strongly felt in the fields of shipping, aviation, commerce, knowledge, energy and tourism.
Furthermore, Sri Lanka, with access to the geographically important Indian market, is a rich country with potential for economic growth.
In light of this background, the Society of Japan and Sri Lanka have differences in history, culture, religion, lifestyle, etc. Based on the experience and technology that has been cultivated in the field, in order to carry out a wide range of activities to spread and expand the gas industry through information exchange activities and the exchange of knowledge and technology in this related field. Year) established a corporation on June 13.
In addition, in carrying out this activity, without aiming for the benefit of a specific company, we will strongly promote “international cooperation activities” based on “絆 KIZUNA” as a close friend between the two countries sharing the gas industry. With a sense of mission, I would like to ask for your continued support and encouragement.
【Purpose of establishment】
1. The basis of Japan's "international cooperation activities" stems from the credibility of the Japanese and Sri Lankan people.
・ While respecting the position of the Sri Lankan country, we will learn from each other in an equal relationship.
・ With the cooperation of always thinking in the other party's attitude of "thinking together," we hope that we will grow as a partner with broad trust.
・ Understand the history, culture, religion, and lifestyle habits of people, countries and companies, and draw out various possibilities to build a better society.
2. Based in Sri Lanka, it will be used as a burgeoning social structure in which the people of eight countries (with a population of approximately 1.7 billion) who are members of the "SAARC" Indian Ocean Economic Area, and each country, are connected by trust.
【Sri Lanka Basic Data】
1. Country name: Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
2. Area: 65,607 km2 (approx. 0.8 times that of Hokkaido)
3. Population: Approximately 21.03 million (2016) (Approximately 0.9 times that of Taiwan)
4. Capital: Three-Jayawardanapura (commonly known as Kotte)
(Many government agencies are still left in Colombo, and the actual capital mechanism is Colombo)
5. Location: Island country located in the Indian Ocean about 7,500 km southwest of Japan
・Flight/Transportation About 9 hours by flight from Japan
・Time difference: 3 hours 30 minutes (Japan is noon, Sri Lanka is 8:30 am)
6. Ethnicity and religion: multi-ethnic and multi-religious nations
・Senior/ethnicity Sinhala=75% Tamil=15% Moor=9%
・Religion/Religion Buddhism=70% Hinduism=12% Christianity=8% Islam=10%
7. Language: "Sinhala" and "Tamil" are national languages and official languages.
"English" is recognized as a connected word in the constitution, and English is quite common in urban areas.
8. Climate: It belongs to the tropical monsoon climate and has "rainy season" and "dry season".
The southwestern part of November to April is the "dry season"
The northeastern part of May to October is the "dry season"
The annual average temperature of the tropical hot and humid coast and lowlands is 27°C to 28°C
The annual average temperature of the highlands Nuwara area (elevation 1,890 m) is 22°C